Sunday, May 4, 2008

Week Two. Part One. Mel

I said I was going to make more time this week and really, I didn't (grrrr). Today I went out to shoot in manual and my batteries died! I'm not going to lie, I really wanted to go to RiteAid and buy some even though it's Sunday (I was at Japanese Gardens and oh so close) because I wanted some alone time with the camera. But, I'm happy to say, I didn't. Maybe I can get to Part Two in a couple days? Oh yeah, ignore the ugly sink.

1/80_ F/3.2_ ISO-800

1/500 (with flash bounced upwards off of a card)_ F/3.2_ ISO-800

1/80_ F/5.0_ ISO-100

1/1600_ F/3.5_ ISO-80

4 comments:

Shaila Lou said...

I love the second picture of the kitchen sink, I love how you can actually see the bubbles in the water coming out of the faucet.

As much as I like the seeing the action in the photos, I just loving seeing how the camera can capture what we can't see. I love the sprinkler picture. You can see the tiniest little drops of water clear out to the edge of the picture.

Great job Mel. I can't wait to see your manual shot. You have a great eye for photography. I really lack that!!

melanie said...

The bubbles are my favorite part too. Freezing what we can't see fascinates me.

No more negative talk Lou. You don't lack a great eye!! I love what you do and this is so cool. I have to much to learn. Thanks for doing it with me. (you too Matt)

melanie said...

Oh man, I wish I could edit my comment. I mean I have ~so~ much to learn. And I mean the challenge is so cool. That's it, this comment is proof I need to go to bed!! :)

Granny DeeAnn said...

I think you are both doing an amazing job!! Keep it up. I know you are impressing me!!!