Sunday, May 25, 2008

Shaila's Week Five

Well I didn't feel like I was "trying" for pictures this week. All I was doing was shooting just for fun, and I hoped by the end I would have some pictures to choose from. Well I got a few I like, so here they are. I'm disappointed in this first one that I forgot to change the ISO. Quinn was being so funny with his hat, and I only had a few moments to capture it. Also I focused on his hat, rather then his eyes. I don't know how people can get it all. It must take lots of practice.

1/320 5.6 ISO-1600
1/640 5.6 ISO-400
I was just letting it do auto focus, and it ended up being more focused on the brick rather then Malcolm. UGH!

1/200 5.6 ISO-400
These last two I actually took a couple weeks ago. We were driving home from Malcolm's t-ball and saw this awesome sunset. Matt sped to the top of the hill and made me jump out before we missed the awesome colors. I didn't capture it quite like I wanted to. Didn't help that I didn't change my ISO. Oops, that's what happens when I am trying to capture the moment. I forget to change some settings.

1/125 6.3 ISO-400
I had to throw this one in here, just because I like how the bar wire fence looked.

1/250 6.3 ISO-400

3 comments:

melanie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous sunset! Love that Matt had to speed to get there for these shots. They change so fast at the end of the night. I am partial to sunsets over sunrises because I am never up that early, ha!

Love Quinn in his hat. And the one of Malcolm on the tracks is cute. And very typical boy that doesn't feel like posing. I totally agree with the setting up each photo in a different situation. Manual takes more time and either you miss something or you're in the wrong setting. It has to be tons and tons of practice.

melanie said...

I just enlarged the one of Quinn. I love, love the catch lights in his eyes. I love dark eyes! Is he easier than Malcolm?

Granny DeeAnn said...

Love your photos once again! You guys are really doing a super job. Keep it up. I'm sure it is hard with all the little kidos!